Pages

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Riding the rolling coaster......

I found a great blog dedicated to the neverending challenges in the life of a military wife (thanks to Amy Oxford, my friend and also a fellow military wife). It's called RIDING THE ROLLER COASTER (so fitting!). In joining, I'm supposed to give a brief bio and introduce myself so here it is....
My name is Lynnette Davis and I am an Army Housewife and "Mom" to 4 kiddos. My family and I are amongst the mere 9% of the US population that serve (and has served) in the military. I've been living this life for 10 years now. It's tough and challenging at times and there are certainly a lot of things I don't like about the military but I wouldn't change this life I live. Freedom isn't free and somebody's gotta do it! My husband is currently serving overseas in Iraq and although he is not with us physically we are still able to talk and "see" each other thanks to Skype.
I'm a big time scrapbooker and so I've created a few layouts to give sneak peeks into my life.....

xoxo

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks to your husband for what he does and thanks to you for being such an amazing person! Wonderful layouts.

Roller Coaster said...

Thanks for linking up on the blog hop! Hopefully you're meeting some of the other mil spouses out there. Love your bio and your pictures! It's so nice to meet you, and I look forward to reading more about you!

Wife on the Roller Coaster

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I love love love love those lo's lynette!!! ABSOLUTELY touching and gorgeous!! beautiful photos too! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

kate blue said...

as a military brat and also an ex-military member, I can relate! We do make sacrifices for this nation's freedom...

Belinda Griffin said...

As an Aussie military spouse I love checking out other military families blogs!

Lynette Jacobs said...

Great layouts Lynnette. Love the first one most and the Prima is just gorgeous.

Michelle H. said...

Stunning LO, Lynnette!!
You really rocked that Prima!!
Thanks for sharing all your beautiful photos!!
Have a blessed week!
Hugs!

AmesOx said...

Love this!! Your military LO's are so inspirational. I have such a hard time scrapping LO's like this, not because it's a hard subject, but because I feel forced to scrap in green...haha. I LOVE those pictures of you and the DH. The one with your DD is heartbreaking :( I didn't really meet many chicas through the blog hop...but I did find a few of our scrapping pals that are fellow wifees. So that was pretty cool :)

Kelly Massman said...

Thanks to your husband for serving in the military! That first layout is so awesome! The rest of your post was very touching--I have a brother in the military! Your pics brought a tear to my eye!

Unknown said...

Your husband does such an important job Lynnette, I can only imagine the great sacrifice he makes. You are such a positive person and a wonderful inspiration :0)
Thank-you for sharing your beautiful work with us :0)

allyson joy said...

youre so cute miss lynnette ~ love these pictures and those layouts,,, what an amazing chick you are, so strong and beautiful, inside and out,,,
{xoxo}

Goodnight moon said...

Hello lovely! I found you through the milspouse blog hop. I love finding new military spouses!

I also have 4 kids...and my hubs is currently deployed. It bites the big one...doesn't it!

I'm a new follower. My military blog is called, Goodnight moon. Come by and find me so we can be blogging friends:)

deb famularo said...

besides being adorable and ultra talented, you are married to a hero IMO- and how grateful and appreciate we all are of families like yours~! thank you!

love u girl,

Jen said...

New follower here! I love your blog! Your welcome to check out mine at jenn-baker.blogspot.com Hope you have a great day!
Jen